Position / Title Seeking:
Level of Experience:
Chris Dikeakos Architects Inc.
Chris Dikeakos Architects Inc. are currently looking for a Senior Architect to join our growing team.
Having served the high-end of the Development community for over three decades, the CDA team has become a leading choice for complex, mixed-use high-rise design and Master planned communities throughout the West Coast of North America. In the past decade alone, CDA has designed over 100 high-rise towers including condominiums, rental, hotel, office and hospitality uses and totaling well over 25,000,000 s.f. Prominent local projects include the transit-oriented 2M s.f. Station Square community in Metrotown and 1.7M s.f. SOLO District at the Brentwood Tower Center. We have a significant presence in municipalities throughout the Lower Mainland, Calgary, Edmonton, and Toronto, and United States, where we have completed numerous successful projects in the cities of Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Irvine, and San Diego, CA.
A competent architect in all conventional aspects of architecture playing a supportive role within the firm and works under the general supervision of senior level staff and Principals, may be assigned as a team member in support of the project leadership on projects or may fill those roles on smaller projects based on the individual’s level of knowledge, experience and ability.
Performs work requiring independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation or modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Independently identifies, communicates and solves problems encountered within the project context. Performs assignments with instruction concerning general results expected and can lead a small team of two to three others. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex issues and supervisory approval on proposed project plans. Assignment will be based on specific project requirements and general workload requirements to provide the opportunity for professional development.
– 10+ Years of experience
– Must be registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia;
– Proficiency in Autodesk Revit and BIM software
– Experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam REVU, Lumion
– Fully competent architect in all conventional aspects of architecture;
– Sufficient broad knowledge in architectural design and planning, with the ability to develop site and building concepts into detailed design solutions;
– Ability to perform work requiring independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation or modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria;
– Ability to independently perform most assignments;
– Sufficient ability with design tools and Building Information Modeling (BIM) to manage the design, production and documentation phases of a project;
– Sufficient knowledge to support project teams on all phases of design and document production, and the ability to identify areas of specific design process efficiencies and apply knowledge towards project goals;
– Technical knowledge and understanding of the architectural and engineering components of a building, and the relationship these components have as part of a building system;
– Verbal, written, graphic and drafting skills necessary to communicate concepts and solutions to team members, clients, consultants and contractors;
– Organizational, leadership, technical and design ability to participate significantly in the development of Schematic Design documents, Design Development and Contract Documents and follow-through during Construction Administration;
– Knowledge of building, planning and zoning codes as they relate to the project and its design.
$85,000-$110,000- Compensation to be commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full time, In-Office, Permanent
We offer a competitive benefits package with extended heath, dental, life and STD+LTD disability insurance, a health and wellness fund, RRSP matching.
Submit your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.