Chris Dikeakos Architects Inc. is of one of the leading architectural firms in the design of multi-family and mixed-use projects, transforming skylines spanning broadly over the West Coast. The firm also has significant expertise in the design of residential, hospitality, mixed-use, and entertainment complexes including theatre, hotel, F&B, retail, convention, and gaming facilities.
Job type: Full-time, permanent.
- Opportunity to work on large scale iconic projects.
- Ability to see the impact of your work and make a significant contribution to the growth of the company.
- Significant career development opportunities, with knowledge transfer and mentorship opportunities at every level.
- A healthy workplace culture.
- A competitive salary and compensation package.
- Support for people’s educational goals, payment of professional dues, ongoing learning opportunities with lunch-and-learn and conference sessions.
- Extended health and dental care.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- RRSP matching.
- Casual dress code.
- Company events.
- Central location.
- Integrate with our client’s processes and design philosophies to deliver quality work.
- Work with our clients to determine programming requirements and establish project goals / objectives.
- Build client relationships and participate in design presentations, business development, and ongoing project correspondence.
- Work with the team to produce compelling and informative presentations.
- Prepare 3D modeling to clearly convey the design intent to the client. Experience with rendering plug-ins an asset.
- Provide space planning that corresponds to the functional programming, building code requirements, and design objectives.
- Support or lead contract administration and attend site visits to ensure design conformance.
- Understand the requirements of the plans, life safety, building codes, and other technical aspects.
- Produce contract documentation for client review, permit applications, tender and construction that aligns with quality standards using Revit.
- Assist with permit and bid applications as required.
- Co-ordinate with and manage external teams including engineers, consultants, vendors, and general contractors.
- Support internal teams on a variety of projects to best serve our clients on Interior Design services.
- Manage team deliverables, project schedules, and budgets.
- Support or lead various projects with varying budgets, timelines, and scope.
- Research, gather, recommend, and present appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental, and budgetary requirements of the project.
- Specify furnishings, artwork, and lighting fixtures.
- Mentor and train Interior Designers and Technicians.
- Actively participate in professional development and peer reviews.
- Degree/Diploma in Interior Design or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in mixed-use multi-family residential and hospitality projects.
- A team player ready to work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Armed with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Revit for producing high quality construction documentation.
- Self-directed, able to work independently, and know when to reach out for guidance and support.
- Passionate about design and project management.
- Positive and patient individual.
- Fluent in English with strong oral and written communication skills.
- A compelling design portfolio.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.